Friday, February 11, 2011

Atlas Shrugged Movie Trailer

The movie trailer for Atlas Shrugged Part One has been released. This is a much anticipated movie and I hope it can live up to the novel.

Watch now…..‘Atlas Shrugged Trailer’.

( My biggest disappointment in the movie is that it isn’t done in a late ‘40’s style. Ahhh, well.)

Even though I have a few core arguments against Objectivism in general, I think the philosophy regarding government controls of the market is spot on. I am sick of the moochers and looters.

I am a Christian and do believe in helping others, which you may say is contrary to the philosophy in Atlas Shrugged. However I would say that the detrimental effects (on both the giver and the receiver) come when you are forced or coerced to support someone else. Helping others because you wish to is barely touched on in the book, and not very thoroughly handled in my opinion. But the main themes are excellent. I love the appreciation for hard work, ideas, and the genius that makes the country great. It’s sad to see that drive squashed in Atlas Shrugged and realize it’s happening today in real life.

-Lynnae

1 comment:

  1. I agree, it is so relevant, and yes, it would have been GrEaT to see the costumes and old time trains, don't you think?
    It appears that they have got the feel of the movie down, so I am happy about that.

    I have to say, i have had to really think about acts of service and how it fits into this philosophy. Remember , when we do it in charity we 'profit' which could argue that even acts of service down properly are deeds done for ourselves. It's something to think about. I just can't say enough how much I love this book. It is one of my all time favorites, and changed my adult life in ways i didn't think possible.

    ReplyDelete